We’ve thought about several users stories that could emerge from our gameplay. This part was quite difficult as a SHMUP player experience comes from both the personality of the player and the gameplay itself.
- Playing as a player, I will try to shoot at enemies to know their weaknesses in order to improve myself.
- Also playing as a player, I will try to memorize the patterns (both shooting and movements) of the enemies to improve myself.
- As a player, I will move my ship closer to enemies so my bullets will be more precise, even if it means higher risks.
- As a player, I will use the nuke whenever I’m about to die or I’m submerged by enemies so I can save my life.
- As a glass-canon player, I will use the firepower upgrade to one shot enemies and beat the level faster, but with higher risks.
- As a tanky player, I will use the armor upgrade to take more hit before dying so I can beat the game in an easier way.
- As a balanced player, I will balance my items to have average stats in every domain (attack, speed, armor), so I will a more classical shoot em’ up experience.
- As a completionist, I will use every abilities and items I can to finish the game as fast as possible with every challenges completed.
- As a hardcore player, I won’t use any items or items during the whole run, so I can feel the satisfaction to win a hardcore game only relying on my skill.
- As a player, I will try not to get hit by enemies so I can win a Nuke at the end of the level.